The Instructor: Claire Ross (Lead Educator).
A free online continuing professional development (CPD) course for people who are teaching English as a foreign language.
About this course:
- This free online course is for English language teachers around the world. It will help you develop the skills and practices you need for your continuing professional development (CPD).
- The course will be useful for teachers of English at primary, secondary or higher levels.
- Each week, we will look at a different professional practice that helps make a successful teacher. Weekly topics will include lesson planning, classroom management, classroom resources and continuing professional development.
- Short video interviews with experienced teachers will be combined with classroom films from around the world to illustrate the main points of each week.
- Video tutors, Suzanne and Claire, will guide you through each week’s content, offering tips, advice and downloadable resources at every stage.
- You will be asked to share your own experiences and opinions as you become part of a global community of English language teachers discussing what leads to success.
- The course draws on the British Council’s many years of expertise in teacher training and development around the world.
This course is aimed at teachers of English as a foreign language at all levels. Intermediate level English (around B1 on the CEFR) is required.
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Institution: British Council
Video Transcripts: English