The instructor: Colleen Lewis is a professor of computer science at Harvey Mudd College.
See how easy learning computer science can be. Use Scratch to create games, animations, stories and more.
About this course:
- Want to learn computer programming, but unsure where to begin? This is the course for you! Scratch is the computer programming language that makes it easy and fun to create interactive stories, games and animations and share them online.
- This course is an introduction to computer science using the programming language Scratch, developed by MIT. Starting with the basics of using Scratch, the course will stretch your mind and challenge you. You will learn how to create amazing games, animated images and songs in just minutes with a simple "drag and drop" interface.
- You don't need any previous programming knowledge. Join us as you start your computer science journey.
- This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1044106. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF).
What you'll learn:
- How to create amazing games, animated images and songs in the Scratch Programming language, one of the friendliest programming languages ever created.
- The skill of solving interesting problems and making cool things with the help of a computer.
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 6 hours/week
Subject: Computer Science
Video Transcripts: English